10 places in India you can go if you have a shoe-string budget
I don't know if it happen with everyone, but it definitely happens with me. All throughout the month I crib about the amount of work that I have to complete and how I don't get enough holidays, or how I am unable to travel often because I am so loaded. Whenever a long break comes, up until the last day before the tiny vacation starts I have no idea what ill do for the next 3/4 days, usually I end up just lazing around which is very ironic to the amount of cribbing I do.
I have done enough research to find a few possible destinations to go for short trips and here is the list of all of them.
- GOKARNA Ideal duration: 2 Nights/3 Days What it will cost you: Bangalore to Gokarna and back by bus: INR 800 Stay: Comfy homestays start at INR 200 in Gokarna Food: Lots of eating options near the beach at INR 200 for two per meal Banana boat ride: INR 300 per person
- RISHIKESH Ideal duration: 1 Night/2 Days What it will cost you: Travel to and from Delhi: INR 300 Stay: INR 150 per night Food: INR 200/meal River rafting: INR 400 to INR 1300 per person Beach camping: INR 1600 per person (includes 1 Night stay, 3 meals and river rafting)
- DARJEELING Ideal duration: 2 Nights/3 Days What it will cost you: Travel from Kolkata to Siliguri or New Jalpaiguri by bus and back: INR 490, Toy train up to Darjeeling from NJP: INR 250 Jeep ride from NJP to Darjeeling:INR 150/person Stay: INR 400/night Food:INR130 for two
- DHARAMSALA AND Mc.LEODGANJ Ideal duration: 2 Nights/3 Days What it will cost you: Delhi to McLeodganj and back: INR 1000 Stay: INR 130/night – INR 500/night Food: Tibetan and Chinese cuisine at little cafes @INR 100 – 200 for two
- SIKKIM Ideal duration: 2 Nights/3 Days What it will cost you:Kolkata to Siliguri (Train): INR 183 one side Siliguri to Gangtok (Bus): INR 165 one side Stay: Budget hotels are available at INR 600 up, but there are dorms too for INR 120 or single rooms for INR 250 Food: Plenty of cheap places around, momos being the specialty here: INR 100 up per meal
- HAMPI Ideal duration: 2 Nights/3 Days What it will cost you: Train travel from Bangalore to Hospet and back: INR 300 Hospet to Hampi: INR 10 (bus), INR 100 (auto) Stay: Homestays or Guesthouses starting from INR 50-200/night, Budget accommodation: INR 300 to INR 800/night Food: All three meals put together: INR 200 Tonga rides to ruin sites: INR 50-100
- NAINITAL Ideal duration: 2 Nights/3 Days What it will cost you:State transport buses, Delhi to Nainital (roundtrip): INR 368, Private Volvo bus (roundtrip): INR 800 Stay: Spoilt for choices here, budget stay starts at as low as INR 150/night. Food: Lot of Punjabi food around, meals can start from INR 200 for two Boating: INR 150/hr for paddle boat Ropeway: INR 150 (roundtrip)/person
- MUNNAR Ideal duration: 2 Nights/3 Days What it will cost you: Buses from Ernakulam or Cochin and back: INR 180 – INR300 Stay: Cottages start at INR 600 Food: INR 100 per meal
- UDAIPUR Ideal duration: 2 Nights/3 Days What it will cost you: Delhi to Udaipur (State transport bus) : INR 650 Stay: Starts at INR 400/night for shared dormitories Food: Street food is a must try: INR 50 /person
- VARANASI Ideal duration: 2 Nights/3 Days What will it cost you: Delhi to Varanasi and back (train): INR 652 Stay: INR 200/night Food: Street food starts at INR 30 for two, Local food at INR 150 for two Boat ride on the Ganges: INR 250/hour
If you have any place close to Delhi that you have been to on a short trip, please comment in the box below or message us on our Facebook page and we will sure share it with the world.