So when I was 16 years old I looked up to my cousins who were in their college, 21 years old and living their life. I always wanted to grow up to being 21 years old and being all adult. Earning, living my life, friends and career sorted out.
Now that I am actually 21 years old, I realize that it is no where how I expected to be. It's in-fact almost opposite to how I thought it would be. So here are some of the things that I never thought will happen at my 21
- BROKE: I am still broke at the end of the month. And when I say broke, means no money in my bank account, no money in the Paytm wallet or any other digital wallet. Heck, I don't even have money to go back home. **sighs**
- Still dependent on my parents: When I was 16 I thought that at my 21 I'll be financially independent. Working my ass off, doing something I love doing and earning in thousands per month. Dreams, I tell you. 21, and still dependent on my parents. And not just the money, but anything related to my me, passport banwana ho toh papa, grocery lani ho toh papa, photocopies chaiye ho toh papa, papa ko manana ho toh mumma, khana khana ho toh mumma and it never ends.
- No clue about my future: My life is no where close to being sorted. It's a big mess and I love it. with time, I have actually grown accustomed to the confused state my life is in right now, But then it was not what I expected out of my 21.
- The love of my life is invisible : Lets not even get there, I will start crying. **sighs**
- Maturity level: Is still equivalent to that of a 16 year old.
- I still cry when my sibling get gifts better than mine: (refer to the point above)
- Alcohol: So when I was 16, I thought that I will earn my own money and drink with MY OWN MONEY. Now, refer to the first point. I don't have money to survive let alone to spend it on expensive habits like drinking.
- Travel : (I am already crying thinking about it) I was always a fan of travelling, trekking, mountains, beach. I thought that when I'd be living in the hostel, I will always go out on trips with my friends, one trip every two months. Well, we all know how that turned out to be.
Well, if you have anything to comment about your 21 or about your 25, do comment in the box below and stay tuned for more stories like these on our Facebook page. Cheers :)