Beware of the Internet Fraudsters
In the modern world, Internet has become our new best friend. Because there is nothing that you cannot do just sitting in front of your laptops connected to a source of the Internet. Be it for online bill payments, entertainment, earning online, being connected with family and friends and much more. While Internet has become so important it also has become an easy way for fraudsters to cheat people and steal our hard earned savings. Internet crime is a huge threat and people get easily cheated and sometimes there is no way to get back what you lose.
If you are someone who spends most of your time on Internet, make sure you are cautious and careful and watch out for possible frauds. How to make out if the other person is a cheater or any scheme is a fraudulent one? Here are some pointers.
1. Phishing E-mail scamsYou must have received innumerable messages from your banks that they never ask for personal details and never to furnish such details to anyone. Fraudsters try to trick you by sending emails of offers and other stuff in the form of a reputed website and in return asking you to pay some amount or to give personal details such as your address, bank account login details and passwords etc. Make sure you never give such details to anyone.
2. The money transfer schemesOne of the oldest schemes probably most of us already aware of it. Still, there are a lot of people who fall for such schemes. You will get a mail in which companies or individual asks for little money or account details and in return, you will have a Lakhs or thousands of dollars deposited into your account as one of their spouses passed away and they are unable to retrieve their property and need help and blah...blah..... Never fall for such schemes.
3. E-cards and other linksSometimes you will receive e-cards that say sent by a friend. When you click on it, it will ask you to download a Flashplayer or any other software. Never download such a thing as they are usually malicious content. Once you download them into your system cyber criminals store data and information from your system.
4. Romance scamsThese happen usually on dating websites, socializing networks or any other that promises a romantic free offers or discounts. How many of us have dropped our guard just because there was a chance to take your significant other on a beautiful date that may be difficult on our usual budget? It happens to all but do take a minute to think before you make any payments before even you are enjoying that wonderful promises.
5. Easy-money scamsTrust me! There is no easy way to make money unless you work for it. Various websites promise you of work that will make you earn simply by spending an hour a day and you earn thousands to lakh. In truth, it does not work that way. The bigger loss is, such sites asks you to pay as an initial amount for a starter kit etc. Last month, socialtrade.com made a big news in media, if you remember.
6. Content or freelance writingContent writing is one of the fast growing profession especially in India and freelance writers find work through Internet job portals. Do not fall for a promise of more pay per word and accept writing for a longer period without initial payment. Check the background of the person/company prior to start writing for them.
Some of the stories and the way people convince you online are the most believable and anyone can get fooled. Hence, beware of such Internet schemes and save yourself.