My love for high heels and how I waste my money
Being the crazy shopaholic I am, I spend 70% of my money in buying things I already have, or I will never need. You see that cute top which is slightly tight so you leave it with a heavy heart? No, I buy it. Why? because there is a chance I might get slim one day and I will wear that top then. Yes, I can be that crazy when I shop. No, its not a good habit. Being confident is one thing and believing in the impossible in another. My love for shoe, is crazy on another level. I want every type, every color. flip flops, sandals, office shoes, heels, blocks, wedges, canvas, I have everything and I still crave for more.
Let's talk about high heels, they are painful. Period. You cannot avoid that pain. I have a six inch Steve Madden heels and they cost me a fortune. And I thought, since they are Madden heels and so costly, they probably won't hurt that much. 50m is the distance I walked before they started killing me.
I was cleaning my closet today and saw them, in one corner, packed in a beautiful box and I wondered why, as women, do we love heels so much even though they kill our feet, they are not healthy, they have major side effects, but still we cant stop ourselves from wearing them, and buying them first (not to forget that).
Well the answer presented itself when I tried those 6 inches again.
Because with a simple pair we are transformed. We’re not just women. Suddenly we’re bad*** b*tches with a purpose. We’re strong. We’re classy. We’re sophisticated. And we kick butt.
Here are a few reasons, why I am obsessed with them
- You look taller: Those extra five-six inches and you see the world in a different way, altogether.
- Immediate confidence boost: Maybe it has some psychology associated with it, but a good pair of heels, and you have a major confidence boost. Wearing heels give you a sense of power, and with power comes confidence.Wearing heels makes a woman feel in charge because height is the antithesis of power.
- A pair for every occasion There are so many of them. You have the occasion, a dress and you have a pair, just right for the job.
- They can make any outfit look classier You look 50% more attractive by wearing heels than flat, I personally feel that the extra added confidence helps a woman wearing heels.
- It gives you a posture Yes, they do. Hips, a little more push, makes your legs look slimmer and your waist, a fine heaven.
Write to us on our Facebook page and tell us about your "heels" moment or comment in the box below.