The true republic: men, their rights and nothing more; women, their rights and nothing less.
– Happy Republic Day 2017
Every year the Independence Day and the Republic Day is celebrated with the flower show arranged in the renowned garden of Bangalore, that is the Lalbagh Botanical Garden. The city is known for its greenery and is well known as the Garden City. This event of flower show is organized by the Department of Horticulture and Mysore Horticulture society together.
This year 2017 January 26th, marks the 204th celebration of the flower show. There are about 200 varieties of flowers and 20,000 pots used for the decoration in the show. It’s a show that attracts thousands of people to watch with its beautiful arrangements.
The major attractions of the flower show in 2017 are,
1. For the first time around 250 Cymbidium flowers are used in the show. They are grown in Sikkim and Darjeeling, and some of them are from Netherlands and Australia.
2. Butterflies recreation using roses, orchids etc.
3. Cold climate flowers are also used.
The main attraction is the Glass House arrangement which usually has distinct decoration and people come to view this from all over the city.
Some salient features of the show:
1. The plants and flowers used are detailed with the plant names.
2. The flower show is open from January 20th to 29th, 2017.All the
3. All the gates will be open for entry.The entry fees for adults on holidays is Rs.60 and on weekdays it is Rs. 50.
4. Entry fees for children on all days is Rs.20.
5. Free entry for children from school visiting the park on behalf of school trips on 21, 23, 24, 25, 27 and 28th of January.
6. The show is open from 9 AM to 6 PM.
7. People who love gardening, the flower show is a wonderful opportunity to buy various kind of plants for home.
The Bangalore Lalbagh Flower Show is a must watch and every year there is a different arrangement which makes the people go again year after year. Check out some of the pictures of the arrangement and do visit the show if you are in the city on the mentioned dates.
Event: Lalbagh Flower Show in Bangalore
Where: Lalbagh Botanical Garden
When: January 20th to 29th 2017
Udaipur, also known as The City of Lakes, will come alive with musicians from all over the world singing and drumming near the beautiful Fateh Sagar Lake. The air will be filled with melodious tunes and the crazy crowd is sure to cheer you up. What a mesmerising scene it would be!
This magnificent musical extravaganza will be organised by SEHER, Hindustan Zinc, Wonder Cement and Rajasthan Tourism. It will celebrate the cultural diversity and showcase talents of over 150 artists from 16 different countries. The artist lineup will include the Nooran Sisters, Parvaaz, Hot Water and many more.
It will be held across two venues in Udaipur from 10th-12th February 2017. Music lovers of all backgrounds and interests would come together to witness this royal and spectacular affair. If you are one of the music freaks, then pack your bags and book your tickets to fly straight to this marvellous event.