Do you find it difficult to get out of the bed or start your unless you have had your tea or coffee?
Do you feel a sudden energy dip at work around 11 am?
And around 4 pm do you feel the urge to have a sweet snack like a muffin or doughnut and you feel without which you can’t keep going with the day???
Welcome to the Sugarholic club!!!
Most of us don’t realize that we are addicted to sugar in various degrees in different ways. Let it be a packet of your favorite biscuit or that dark chocolate bar which you think has no added sugar. Sadly, sugar in taking is addictive it makes us its slave. So, every time you eat a little amount of sugar in any form, it increases your energy levels for a certain time limit of 2-3 hrs. and after that, your blood sugar level takes a tailspin and your body again starts to crave more sugar.
Follow these tips listed below to break this vicious cycle.
1.Accept the fact that you are a Sugarholic or that you thrive for sugary food items.
2. Setup a tentative date from when you will avoid food containing sugar. Make notes on post it and stick it around on refrigerator, kitchen, work desk and wherever you store items like cakes, muffins, biscuits, etc.
3. Adopt the habit to write down everything you eat and drink the whole day – you will be shocked to see that most of the things food and drinks you consume contain a high number of artificial sweeteners, which are harmful to your health.
4. Make sure that you have a healthy breakfast first thing in the morning. Skipping breakfast is one the biggest reason for binge eating which usually involves easily available food like muffins doughnut, biscuits, chocolate bars, the list goes on. The habit of having breakfast will help curb your sugar cravings.
5. Whenever you that sugar craving drink water, you can add berries, lime, mint leaves to your water bottle this will enhance the flavor as well as detox your body, as lime and mint are good for digestion. Always try to carry a water bottle with where ever you go, especially when you go out for shopping or outings.
6. When you feel that your body needs the sugar boost, try having a handful of unsalted, roasted mixed nuts immediately. This will instantly kill your sugar cravings!
7. Start drinking herbal teas like green tea with lime throughout the day – with of course without sugar! : p
8. Try to have a banana first thing in the morning, banana is a power fruit packed with essential vitamins and minerals necessary for the body.
9. Before buying processed or can food make sure you check the ingredients. Most of the food we consume nowadays like bread, pasta, potato chips, cookies, muffins carbonated drinks, etc. all contain the high amount of sugar. Your motto should be to avoid them.!
10. You must have noticed, you feel the urge to have sweets after meals. To stop this start chewing sugar-free gum as soon as you finish your food. This will also aid in digestion.
Please keep in mind that you cannot go cold turkey and give up sugar in one day take it one day and one step at a time.!