I have been a writer for as long as I can remember because I simply love words. Putting our thoughts in the form of words and expressing it in different ways and with emotions is something I love to do on paper (or on an MS Word to be precise). But what fascinates me is if words and writing can express so many of our thoughts and feelings, there is another world that I admire is drawing and painting a picture. It’s rightly said that a picture can talk a thousand words. Which reminded me the English language exercise from one of the chapters of my daughter. There was an activity where the children should write a small story looking at a picture. Isn’t that’s amazing how a picture or drawing can tell us so many things?
Just like how I love to read books, I also love illustrations which express simple life happenings in the form of cartoon drawings and also photography. There are so many such talented people who have made their mark. Here are a few such depictions that I think you may enjoy and I really bet no man can ever think of living this life….not even for a single day-
1. Homework of children
[aesop_image img=”https://gallinukkad.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Homework.jpeg” align=”center” lightbox=”on” captionposition=”left” revealfx=”off”]
Children and their home works, need I say more? We all know the time and effort that takes for a parent to make sure its done in time. Here is an art by Adrienne Hedger that says it all.
2. Sibling Rivalry
[aesop_image img=”https://gallinukkad.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Sibling-rivalry.jpg” align=”center” lightbox=”on” captionposition=”left” revealfx=”off”]
Well! You did decide to have two children so that they can keep the company of each other and you have no choice of complaining. Here is a classic sibling fighting.
3. Laundry Rules of kids[aesop_image img=”https://gallinukkad.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Laundry-rules-of-kids.jpg” align=”center” lightbox=”on” captionposition=”left” revealfx=”off”]
When there are children around, getting the laundry done is a huge task. Because they have their own ways of doing things to make it difficult for the moms. Not getting what I mean? Here, have a look at what I am talking about.
4. Bathroom is too far[aesop_image img=”https://gallinukkad.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/bathroom-is-too-far.jpg” align=”center” lightbox=”on” captionposition=”left” revealfx=”off”]
When you are a parent, waking up in the mid of the night for more than once or even twice is nothing new. But seriously, I thought this is a problem only in our house. Why are all kids similar? This cartoon illustration of Betje says it all.
5. Bedtime stories[aesop_image img=”https://gallinukkad.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Bedtime-stories.jpg” align=”center” lightbox=”on” captionposition=”left” revealfx=”off”]
I wonder why children remember everything they need to say exactly when we are tired and retire to bed and cannot keep our eyes open anymore. No wonder mothers never complain of oversleeping.
6. No peaceful room[aesop_image img=”https://gallinukkad.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/No-peace.jpg” align=”center” lightbox=”on” captionposition=”left” revealfx=”off”]
Is there any room in the house where you are left alone and to mind your own business. Betje has expressed this wonderfully in her illustrations. Am I the only mom who thinks this is exactly how it is?
7. Being missed[aesop_image img=”https://gallinukkad.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/being-missed.jpg” align=”center” lightbox=”on” captionposition=”left” revealfx=”off”]
I totally and insanely relate to this. If there is one person(dog) who would miss me in the house no matter even if it is just 10 minutes, it is my pet. Raise your hand (comment) if you can relate too.
8. Bad in directions[aesop_image img=”https://gallinukkad.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/I-got-lost.jpg” align=”center” lightbox=”on” captionposition=”left” revealfx=”off”]
My entire family knows by now that it is pointless explaining any directions to me because I am so bad in recognizing streets. Even if I had been to some area a couple of times, I still forget the way. Thank God that lately, Google has been wonderfully helpful with its Google maps.
Aren’t these picture illustrations fun? There are plenty more illustrators and pictures that will not fail to give us a good laugh and appreciating such talent is a must for us. There are many ways to express what a mother feels or what she goes through. It’s in our hands to find which way is more comfortable and easier for us and express our feelings.
In short, what a mother does, a man cannot even think of doing…..even in dreams 😉