Kraftdeck, a venture of Hand-made artifacts.
Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.The statement is true to it's core. Isn't it?
And it's even more true for Prerna, Founder of Kraftdeck, a venture of handcrafted home decor products and furniture. India is one of the fast developing country and women here are equally ambitious. Hailing from a business class family, Prerna inherited it in her genes and wanted to become a successful entrepreneur. Her grandfather who had migrated from Pakistan at the time of partition established his own business and her father, a successful jeweler in Indore are two people who set an example for her to follow her dreams.
Being born in a Marwari family, Prerna grew up seeing all her aunts, uncles, cousins and any other family member having their own business and making their way into the commercial market. Having her father and grandfather as her ideals, she also wanted to own her own business and build a career of her own after completing her graduation of BBA. She and her sister Chandini together started a boutique with Indian ethnic wear as their specialization.
I and my sister always had an eye for the latest fashions and trends. We knew every new design, collections, quality of materials and every other single detail of the fashion world and wanted to deliver and showcase it to the world in the form of our work.
- Says Prerna beaming while talking about her initial business that was the gate proof or a beginning for her to start on her own.Although both the sisters together took their boutique into a well-established level for about four years, but Prerna got married and had to move to Delhi from Indore.
New place, new people, Prerna got busy in building a family and it almost took two years after she was able to find her way back to work. However, this time she could not go back to the boutique in a place like Delhi.
When you travel you meet yourself. After marriage, I traveled to different cities and I found myself. I discovered my interest in the local art, vibrant colors, immaculate details of our artisans and various other things relating to art inspired me. I decided that I want to touch people houses, their space and their lives with beautiful hand-made artwork.
- recalls Prerana, who is celebrating the first year completion of her home decor venture Kraftdeck.Initially, before starting the Kraftdeck company she attended art classes to know more about every stroke of art. Slowly, she began to do artworks for her own house as well as for other family members. It was really difficult for her to find all the necessary things such as the raw materials, sourcing, packaging, shipping, and manpower. However, she worked hard and made sure she is capable of opening Kraftdeck.
After about three months approximately she was ready to begin her home decor and offbeat furniture company that is Kraftdeck. Her first break to do a design where she could widely be noticed with her artwork was when she was asked by the renowned interior designer Heena Handa to create decorating products for Karma Lakeland Resort in Manesar.
Client satisfaction, quality, and patience are the key for a successful entrepreneurship. But to keep yourself motivated and optimistic at times when things do not turn up the way we desire is the hidden secret for one to reach the top of the success ladder.
- claims Prerna thinking about her journey with Kraftdeck so far.Starting the company was not as easy and she did struggle. Marriage and family took most of her time. She and her family were not interested in a 9-5 desk job as Prerna was always interested in something creative. She did try to find herself in various activity such as the chocolate making, baking delicious cakes and cookies, and so on. However, it is in the art class where she felt connected and had a true calling. She built her Krafdeck through some of the known contacts from her husband clienteles who is into marble and granite business.
I was always interested in hand-made gifts. I remember how I use to give many hand-made gifts to my husband Aditya while we were engaged to be married. Personalized gifts always give more meaning and stay closer to the heart to me.
- blushes Prerna remembering her carefree days before marriage.
The idea of making her own gifts had sown a new seed to sell personalized gift items as people are more interested in gifting different and unique rather than same old gifts. That's when Kraftdeck came into existence.
With a vision to be an exclusive company of handcrafted home decor and furniture, Prerna's focus is to collaborate with interior designers and architects around the world to create hand-crafted products that bring beautiful design, art, and nature together. The Kraftdeck will also be launched online soon to increase the comfort of customers to see and buy their products. The plan is to make it to the international market before 2018.
Persistence, perfection, patience, power, prioritizing your passion is the way to keep yourself sane and this is my mantra for life.
- says Prerna with all the confidence on her face who has high dreams in making Kraftdeck recognized all over the country and globally.Well, what's life without a piece of art? I would say it's the most boring one, isn't it? Here is Kraftdeck FB page. Check out for amazing artefacts for your home or workplace.
FB page - https://www.facebook.com/kraftDec