Let us become 'Queen'!!
The other day, I was watching a movie called 'Queen' on TV. I did watch it earlier also but that day it gave me a food for thought. I realised that mental strength is a great asset every woman is born with. Having physical stamina is one thing but a woman should have strong mental stamina too. Frankly, the world we live in it would be hard for a woman with the weak mental strength to survive. It's 2017 and our politicians don't leave a chance to degrade women, not to forget the personal obstacles we must face in our day to day life. Mental strength makes us tough to ignore the nonsense and reach a state of peace where what others say or think doesn't matter. This made me write about a few characteristics every strong woman has -
1. We Embrace ChangeA mentally strong woman takes life as it comes. She accepts change with a smile no matter how challenging it is. She understands the fact that change is inevitable. As she knows being stuck won't do any good, instead, she fights back with full force.
2. We don't sulk over the pastThe best quality of a mentally strong woman is, she doesn't cling to her past for too long, that doesn't imply that she is heartless, it’s just that she chooses herself over someone who has hurt her and looks in the direction of building a better future.
3. We don't Give upWomen with strong vigor know that failure is part and parcel in the journey of life. We have a strong will and don’t give up so easily. We are fighter's and achieve what we desire, despite few setbacks.
4. We celebrate when others succeedWe don't get upset when other women succeed because we aren't mean at heart and most importantly we don't feel threatened by anyone’s success. We know everyone will get a fair chance to prove themselves, after all, there is enough room for everyone.
5. We stand on the foundation of faith rather than fearWe know that “Fear and faith” cannot live together. When you are afraid of something how can you fight against it? A mentally strong woman chooses faith over worry and believes that everything is going to be alright. She trusts god and does whatever is in her capacity.
6. We know there is no need to please everyoneThere is one hard fact we all should learn, it's not necessary to please everyone to like you. We accept the fact that if someone doesn't like us it's their problem, not ours. A mentally strong woman won't change herself for others, she always honor's herself.
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.