Who doesn’t want to look good these days? Be it for a formal event or any other occasion, looking presentable has become an important part of personality these days because wearing being inappropriate dressed creates clothing distraction and can also give off an inaccurate impression.
The first thing about meeting anyone in the corporate world which anyone notices is perhaps your overall physical presentation. Hence one needs to make a mindset before leaving the house. People end up discrediting themselves by looking too provocative. Like one wise man said once “What do you want to be remembered for? What you wore or what you said?”
It’s true that sometimes you are remembered through your dress, hence, one needs to make a good impression via appearance, be it in informal places or formal corporate!
Corporate dressing refers to the art of dressing formally and correctly. Corporate dressing helps an individual to dress according to his work profile and organization culture. Formal dressing, if done correctly goes a long way in shaping one’s personality. People take you seriously if you are dressed sensibly. Remember no one likes to speak to an individual who does not know how to carry himself/herself.
Going to work in formals helps you create an image of yours. Dressing correctly helps you stand apart from the rest and be a role model for others. Dressing formally
not only reflects your image but also the organization you represent.
You need to follow a proper dress code at the workplace. An individual just can’t afford to be casually dressed for important business meetings or presentations. Remember, you are not only presenting yourself but your organization too. An individual who looks presentable is liked and appreciated by all. Someone who is formally and sensibly dressed does not have to try too hard to impress a client.
Never step out of the home unless you see yourself in the mirror.
Why it’s a requirement before you leave for work?
- Corporate dressing helps you develop a magnetic personality which attracts other individuals. You need to have that charisma and dressing formally helps you in the same.
- Corporate dressing helps you inculcate a good and healthy culture at the workplace. Individuals tend to lose interest in their work if they are not formally dressed. Believe me, you really don’t feel like to work if you are dressed in T-shirt and jeans on a Monday.Avoid wearing T-shirts, ripped jeans, sneakers, hats, chunky jewelry to work. Remember, the price has nothing to do with corporate dressing. You really don’t need to burn a hole in your pocket to buy designer business suits. Dress sensibly. Corporate dressing helps you flaunt your simple, clean yet elegant look.
- Corporate dressing helps you create that first impression. Remember, first impressions are important and they help you throughout your life. If you fail to impress someone in the first meeting, you will never get a second chance.
The formal dressing makes you feel confident at work. You get that energy and confidence, the moment you wear your crisp white shirt along with a black well-fit trouser, you feel powerful and ready to take on the world!
Dress code makes an individual disciplined and inculcates a sense of team spirit among employees.
A list of a few essentials before you leave for work is stated below:
1. Wearing nude pantyhose is hip. Ever since Kate Middleton started wearing pantyhose in public, it quickly became stylish again. “It gives you a more finished look,” Kate admitted. The Nude Pantyhose is a hip and tight and
gives a more curved look for your lower body.
2. Wearing High waist Corset – This is typically a body – shaper which helps in giving a great shape to your body, thin, tight and sexy look and most importantly a flexible and comfortable wear to adore for. Kim Kardashian approved high waist corset cinches your waist in. The corset was seen fastened around wool coats and jacquard dresses at her autumn/winter 2016 show, leaving show goers itching to try it themselves.
3. Get regular pedicures.William, Vogue Fashion Reporter, tells us one of her biggest pet peeves is when women wear open-toed shoes without getting pedicures. “If you’re going to show your toes, make sure your toes are well-groomed,” he says. A pedicure is just one way to look hygienic and have a neat & clean look.
4. Don’t over-accessorize
Accessories are meant to complement your outfit, not overpower it. I once met a woman who had a ring on every finger. You couldn’t look at anything else. The fingers looked like a party in the organized corporate Place.
Your jewelry shouldn’t make noise. It’s really distracting when someone’s dangly bangles make noises when they move their arms.
5. Wearing a formal shirt and formal Pants/skirts – Owning formal shirt and skirts that fit is a must have as it looks smart and sassy. Think of it as an accessory, it’s not to be worn in lieu of a top. You’re not in Moulin Rouge. Pick a satin basque and team with elegant formal pants and create your very own statement.