Simple Mistakes Done by a Teacher in the Classroom
We all know that to err is human. There are some teachers in all schools who do simple mistakes, which can cause trouble in a child's daily routines, or sometimes even health problems. Most parents do not want to take it to the principal or any higher authorities because they fear of any ill consequences that may put their child in difficult situations.
Here are such simple mistakes we regularly notice in teachers.
1. Promising and not deliveringStudents are usually driven to perform well in anything when the end result is something they want. Many times teachers make promises of various kind in order to make the children do as they are told. Teachers fail to understand that when children are promised with something it should not be neglected. When it is not delivered it breaks the trust between the teacher and the student.
2. Lacking knowledgeIt is very important for a teacher to be knowledgeable and updated relating to the subject. Ignoring or scolding a child's inquisitive for questions in relation to the subject matter is not the way to teach.
3. Talking to the BoardI remember, in my history class, our teacher used to spend more time facing the board, writing things while she explained. It made me yawn as I could not concentrate on her explanation and every time I took history books I felt like sleeping. Teachers should make eye contact and face her/his students directly while explaining. They should not speak while writing on the board.
4. Not checking the books clearlySometimes, the wrong answers are also ticked right by the teachers. We do understand the work-load on them but when children prepare same for exams they lose marks because in truth the answer is wrong. Believe me, it's very difficult to tell a child that his teacher is wrong. My child proves me wrong but doesn't want to listen to anything that's not in favor of his teacher. So, teachers need to be attentive with every book they check.
5. Not making learning a funMy daughter tells me she never likes to miss her English or History classes because the teacher makes so much fun while explaining, it is like having fun in class. The teacher along with the fun, also explains the chapter. This makes the students understand and remember well. With activities and play way method, the learning can be made super fun. So, teachers must get creative to find ways for the same.
6. Not giving enough breaksEver thought why children often ask permission for a washroom break quite often? They are simply bored and want to wander. It's because, the concentration span of a child much lower than an adult. Maths after history, English after Hindi ... Biology after Physics.....etc etc is too much to handle that too in continuation. Since children cannot concentrate continuously and their brain can observe better with little breaks, giving a short break of two minutes to drink water is a good idea that not only helps easy blood circulation but also lets him concentrate.
7. Showing interest in a particular student“Ma’am does a lot of partiality” a common dialogue with most school going kids. It's a natural feeling to like someone more than the others. However, we are called as the adults for a reason. Making a show of your liking in a particular student will make the other children lose confidence in you. It increases the dislike towards the teacher as well as the subject.
“A good teacher creates, performs and solves”. Teaching is not an easy job because it needs a lot of dedication, patience, commitment, passion for teaching. Teaching is next to Godliness because what a teacher might teach today can make or break a student's life.
Do you have any more such simple mistakes made by teachers that you like to bring to notice? Please share your views in comments.