If you are a parent of young children, you know what I am talking about, if not then here is some news for you. Sure, young children is all but innocent and lovely to be around, but not when they have their super fast brains working on some weird things and trying to know why and what for everything that happens around them. Especially when they ask them right in front of all your friends or in public and embarrass you down to the bone.
Ever been in one such a situation?
While I have been plenty in such a situation, I like to think that I have learned my lessons and have tackled them fairly well. However, some of the questions that kids ask are impossible to answer and you wonder where the hell the kid got the thought from?
Ever been in one such a situation?
Believe me, some of the questions that kids ask are impossible to answer and you wonder where the hell the kid got the thought from?
Here is a list of few such situations that I collected from ‘Poor’ moms who faced them and surely can embarrass any mom –
- My 5-year-old daughter asks me,”Mamma, I know that I came out of your tummy, but how did I get into your tummy? Me: speechless…;)
- In the supermarket, a man with a huge stomach comes and stands next to my son in the billing section. Right then, my son loudly asked me,” Mom, look a pregnant man!! Talk about awkward when people stare at you laughing and you are not sure what to say, especially when the so said the man is watching and scowling.
- The other day, in a family, get together, my little one asked me,”Mamma, why did you a man like daddy, he is so black! You should have married Ranbir Kapoor, he is so handsome!Me and my husband didn’t know what to say…so we just laughed( the embarrassing laugh of course)
- I was waiting for the attendee to call my name at the dentist and there was a pin-drop silence with a few other patients waiting as well and suddenly my kid closes his nose “Mom are you farting? I know it’s you, that smell is always yours” Oh well! While kids are around you got to be extra careful, isn’t it?
- I took my son to a swimming class. I was just trying to make him comfortable and suddenly he screams at an old man, ‘Don’t come into the water as it is you’re going to die soon.’
- A very overweight woman was entering a store in front of us when my 4-year-old son loudly asked, “Mama, will she fit through the door or will be stuck?”
- At the super market, my daughter was asking things to buy which I thought was not required. However, she didn’t listen no for an answer. So I told her that I don’t have enough money. Next thing…she went to the cash counter and said “uncle, we do not have enough money to buy the toy because we are poor. Can you please lend me the toy on loan”?
- My daughter’s play school had circle time every morning as a way to start the day. That day we got late and as we walked into the middle of circle time. My daughter said, “We’re late because my Mommy had to potty”. It was killing…I tell you….;)
There are still much more such questions that your kids might have asked you and you probably prayed God to swallow you up then and there isn’t it? As humiliating and embarrassing the children questions are sometimes, they would be something fun to talk about at a family gathering after many years passes. Take their questions lightly and try to answer in a calm mind because trust me you are not alone. Every parent would have faced similar situations.
While I have been plenty in such a situation, I like to think that I have learned my lessons and have tackled them fairly well….LOLZ!
Did you come across any such questions from a child, that made you gawk at the floor in a public place? Do not forget to share it with us in the comments.